I am a highly experienced Independent Counsellor with over 6000 hours of supervised client work completed. I have been seeing clients since 2005 (15 years) and running my own Private Practice since 2009 (12 years). In addition to this I am also a Co-founder and Partner of Portsmouth Therapy Partnership.
My journey to becoming a Counsellor started back in 2002 with an Introduction to Counselling Course which subsequently led to a BA (Hons) Degree in Humanistic Counselling in 2008. My Counselling training has included my own personal therapy as well as several Supervised Counselling placements. Since completing my degree I have obtained a Diploma in Couple Counselling (2015). I continue to undertake numerous CPD (Continued Professional Development Courses). At present I am focusing my continued training on Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) & Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), both of which sit very well within the framework of the Humanistic Counselling model. For full details of my training and qualifications and working experience please visit the Qualifications, Training and Experience page of my website.
Prior to becoming a Counsellor I spent 18 years as a Project Manager (Manufacturing) in the electronics sector. I gained extensive knowledge of the difficulties encountered within large, complex multi-disciplined teams operating to tight timescales and budgets. I can therefore appreciate the difficulties and the stress that you may experience when faced with work related issues.
My heritage is British-Italian and from my own experiences I know how my own sense of identity was impacted as I navigated these different cultures. I can therefore understand some of the complex issues involving race and cultural differences that you may be experiencing and bringing into the counselling room.
Although I am fluent in the Italian language, I am not able to offer Counselling in Italian.
Memberships and Registrations
- I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Counselling Professionals BACP Ethical Framework. This includes regular monthly Supervision with appropriately qualified Supervisors.
- I am fully insured.
- I hold a full DBS Certificate Disclosure & Barring Service.
- I am registered with the ICO as a Data Protection Controller Information & Commissioner’s Office for Shirley Baxter Counselling. I am also jointly responsible for the Data Protection policy of Portsmouth Therapy Partnership.
- BACP – British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ACBS – Association of Contextual & Behavioral Science
- ACTO – Association for Counselling & Therapy Online
- EBA – Emsworth Business Association
- AVIVA – Registered with AVIVA to provide counselling for eligible policyholders
- CIGNA – Registered with CIGNA to provide counselling for eligible policyholders
- NUFFIELD – Working with clients referred via Nuffield Health
You can view my details on the following profiles: