Confidentiality is a vital part of the counselling process and it is important that you feel safe and assured that your details, and the information you disclose to me is treated confidentially. We will fully discuss confidentiality during our Initial Assessment.
For more information on Confidentiality, GDPR, Supervision, Counselling Notes, and how we would work together you can request a copy of my Counselling Contract or click on the following links to view then – Individuals, Couples. Individuals covers Trainee/Student Counsellors.
I always endeavour to send a copy of the contract out to you when you enquire about booking a session with me, so that you are fully informed and have as much information to hand in order to make an informed choice of working with me or not. I encourage you to read it as you will be asked to sign it should you decide to continue with ongoing sessions.
If you have been referred to me via your Insurance or EAP organisation, confidentiality will extend to the organisation and will incorporate their requirements. These will be explained to you when we meet at our first session.
I do not accept Social Networking friend requests as this would compromise the boundaries of our therapeutic relationship. However you are free to follow my Professional Social Media Profiles.
Please ensure you take the following into account regarding your confidentiality and safety on Social Media sites.
- Anything you post is public and could be seen by anyone.
- Please do not post anything that will leave you feeling vulnerable.
- If you are a current client please do not post anything regarding the content of our sessions. For your safety and to ensure that we maintain the boundaries of the therapeutic relationship, I will not be able to engage in any correspondence with you via a social media site.
- If you are a current client and need to cancel or amend an appointment time, please call, e-mail or text me, please do not use public posts on social media sites.
- If you are a prospective client and would like to undertake some counselling with me please contact me as detailed on the Contact page this website contacting me this way will ensure I get back to you within 24 hours, I cannot guarantee this if you contact me via a social media site as these are not monitored on a regular basis.